We maintain the highest standards for outpatient accreditation
The American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities, Inc. (AAAASF) was established in 1980 to standardize and improve the quality of health care in outpatient facilities. AAAASF accredits thousands of facilities world-wide, making it one of the largest not-for-profit outpatient accrediting organizations. Physicians, clinicians, legislators, state/federal health agencies and patients acknowledge that AAAASF sets the “Gold Standard in Accreditation.”
- AAAASF holds outpatient and office-based facilities to hospital standards.
- AAAASF requires surgeons to be board certified and have hospital privileges for any procedure they perform.
- AAAASF requires the use of anesthesia professionals for deeper levels of anesthesia.
- AAAASF requires a safe and clean surgical environment that meets stringent standards.
- AAAASF requires peer review (peer oversight) and tracks data for thousands of individual cases.
- AAAASF works closely with facilities and provides help throughout the accreditation process.
- AAAASF champions patient safety worldwide and has for nearly 40 years.